Idaho® Potato Red Chimichurri Potato Salad
- 1 ½ pounds Baby Yellow Idaho® potatoes, rinsed
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ large red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, trimmed
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, trimmed
- 3 green onions
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. They are small so they should be done in about 10 minutes. (How to test for doneness: insert a steak knife in the middle of a potato. If it slides off easily they are done.) Careful not to overcook or they will turn into mashed potatoes.
- Strain the potatoes and allow the potatoes to cool slightly.
- In a food processor, add all of the remaining ingredients (except the oil) in a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are roughly chopped.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil while pulsing the food processor. This chimichurri should be a little thick and chunky, so do not over blend.
- Halve or quarter the warm potatoes into more manageable bites. In a large bowl, gently toss the potatoes with a quarter of the chunky chimichurri, to begin, adding more as needed.