Idaho® Potato & Mushroom Lasagna
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, divided
- 3 large Idaho® Russet potatoes
- Kosher salt/pepper
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- Into a large skillet add oil and 2 tablespoons butter. Melt. Add celery, garlic, onion and cook until softened.
- Add wine and cook until liquid has reduced by half.
- Reduce heat to low, add water, 2 tablespoons thyme and continue cooking until mixture has reduced by half. Strain, discard vegetables and return liquid to pan. Add 2 tablespoons of butter, season with salt and pepper and continue cooking until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper set aside.
- Cut top and sides off of potato so that it’s in a rectangular shape. Slice into thin slices using a mandolin or your knife. Transfer slices to baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- WHILE potato slices are baking, into a large skillet melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, shallot and remaining 1 tablespoon thyme. Cook until softened.
- To assemble: Place a slice of potato onto serving plate. Top with a spoonful of mushrooms. Continue for a total of 3 layers. Top with sauce and fresh thyme to garnish.