Idaho® Potato Medley Grilled Cheese
- 24 ounces sour cream
- 24 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 pounds Idaho® fingerling potatoes, a medley of yellows, reds, and purples
- 24 slices white bread, country-style
- 18 ounces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup scallions, sliced
- Combine sour cream, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 4 days.
- Cook potatoes in salted boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain; cool slightly. Flatten the potatoes to about 3/8-inch thickness.
- Per sandwich order: Butter one side of two slices of bread. Spread about 2 ounces (1/4 cup) of cheese mixture on both unbuttered sides of bread. Sandwich 3-4 potatoes, about 1 ounce of bacon and a generous tablespoon of scallions between the cream cheese sides of the bread.
- Grill sandwich on hot buttered grill or sandwich press until filling is heated through and melty. Cut in half and serve warm.
- Repeat per order.