Idaho® Potato Hash Browns Loaded With Rajas
- 1 pasilla chile
- 2 Idaho® potatoes
- ⅓ cup onion (sliced)
- ¼ teaspoon chile flakes
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ vegetable oil
- Place pasilla chile over and open flame and char on all sides.
- Place in an airtight ziplock or container for an hour to stem in it's own heat.
- Carefully peel charred skin away from chile under running water.
- Destem and deseed chile and cut into thin strips making the rajas. Place to the side.
- Peel Idaho® potatoes, then grate them.
- Add grated Idaho® potatoes, rajas, onion, chile flakes, oregano, black pepper, seasoning salt, and garlic powder to a bowl. Mix with hands to combine.
- In a large frying pan over a medium flame add ⅓ cup vegetable oil and allow to get hot.
- Place half of the potato shred mixture into the pan and form into a circle using a spatula.
- Fry on both side until crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes in each side.
- Remove from pan and allow to drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
- Enjoy with a fried egg and salad!