Idaho Fingerling Potato Salad
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon French whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled cucumber
- 6 green beans, blanched and split down the seam into halves
- 1 tablespoon English peas, blanched
- 3 Idaho® Ruby Crescent Fingerlings, boiled in salted water, peeled, sliced into discs and chilled
- 5 Frisée leaves
- 2 Idaho® French Fingerlings, boiled in salted water until tender, reserved warm
- 2 Idaho® Russian Banana Fingerlings, boiled in salted water until tender, peeled, halved, sautéed in olive oil until golden brown, reserved warm
- 2 Idaho® Russian Banana Fingerlings, rubbed with olive oil and salt, baked until tender, reserved warm
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- 1 chive, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 1/2 hard boiled egg, cut into two pieces
- 6 tomatoes (cherry-size, assorted varieties), oven-dried
- 2 slices pickled radish, thin
- 1 Idaho® French Fingerling, sliced thin, fried crisp, lightly salted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Fleur de sel to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Paint the center of the plate with the mayonnaise and mustard in a wide stripe from corner to corner.
- Pull a little off to a third corner so it will be visible once all of the components are in place.
- Arrange the minced pickled cucumber in the fourth corner.
- Toss the green beans, peas, chilled fingerlings, and frisée with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the boiled fingerlings with olive oil and reserve warm.
- Cut a slit in the baked fingerlings and push the ends to open a cavity in the center.
- Garnish with sour cream and chives.
- Arrange all of the various ingredients on the plate in a random fashion over top of the mayonnaise and mustard stripe.
- Leave the potato chips for last to garnish the top so they stay crispy.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil around the edge of the plate.
- Sprinkle some fleur de sel and fresh black pepper over the dish to taste.