Idaho® Fingerling Cups with Smoked Salmon Mousse
- 24 Idaho® fingerling potatoes, any variety
- 3 tablespoons salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ pound smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried dill)
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- chopped fresh chives or sprigs of fresh dill, for garnish
- Make the fingerling cups: Cut the top and bottom off each potato. Using a tiny spoon or melon baller, carefully scoop out one end of the potato, leaving a ¼-inch rim intact. You don’t need to dig out the whole inside, just enough so there’s an indentation for you to pipe the mousse into.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the 3 tablespoons salt. Boil the fingerling cups about 12 minutes, until the point of a sharp knife goes into the bottom easily. Drain and let cool in the colander.
- Make the smoked salmon mousse: Put the cream cheese, sour cream, smoked salmon, dill, lemon zest and lemon juice into a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer the smoked salmon mousse to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Fill each fingerling cup with a squirt of smoked salmon mousse. Sprinkle with chives or dill. Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.