Idaho® BBQ Baked Potato
- 6 (6-ounce) Idaho® baking potatoes
- ½ boneless pork shoulder, (about 3 lbs.)
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped till the white part
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ cup ketchup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 can, fire roasted tomatoes, diced (14.5 oz. can)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Tabasco sauce or favorite hot sauce (to taste)
- Remove boneless pork shoulder from package.
- Place in slow cooker with 1 inch of chicken stock and 1 cup of BBQ sauce in bottom.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until fork tender.
- Remove from slow cooker and allow to cool slightly.
- Shred meat with two forks adding a few ounces of the cooking liquid back into the shredded meat to keep moistened. Keep warm
- Shredded BBQ Pork, as needed, about 4 oz. per potato
- Pierce Idaho® potatoes with a fork a few times; then place the washed and pierced Idaho® potatoes onto a cookie sheet and cook the potato in a preheated 350 oven for about an hour or until all potatoes are fully cooked.
- For the BBQ sauce, in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, warm the vegetable oil. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until the garlic turns golden. Add the remaining sauce ingredients, including Tabasco sauce to taste, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer low about 15 minutes. Use either a blender to puree thoroughly or a blender wand in the pan