Grilled Skirt Steak
- Combine garlic and the two oils. Toss skirt steaks in marinade and set aside for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, season skirt steaks with salt and pepper. Grill over medium high heat until charred.
- Turn over and continue cooking until steaks are medium rare. Set aside in a warm area for 5-6 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, proceed with finishing warm potato salad.
Chimichurri Idaho® Potato Salad
- Place potatoes in medium saucepan and cover with 2 inches of water. Season water with large pinch of salt and bring potatoes to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are just tender. Drain potatoes and return to pan.
- Add celery, spinach leaves and just enough chimichurri sauce to lightly coat. Stir to combine. Taste for seasoning.
- Mound potato salad onto four separate plates. Slice skirt steaks across the grain and serve over the top of the potatoes. Spoon any remaining sauce on and around skirt steak. Garnish with pine nuts.
Argentinian Chimichurri Sauce
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse until a paste is formed or until your desired consistency.
- I prefer chunky when accompanying cooked meats or very smooth when marinating a meat before cooking.