- 6 Idaho® Russet potatoes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, plus more as needed
- pinch of nutmeg, ground
- Parmesan Cream Sauce (see below)
- 10 to 15 sage leaves, fried in butter, drained
- truffle oil, to taste
Parmesan Cream Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bake potatoes in oven at 350°F until fork-tender. Once cool enough to handle, peel and discard skin. Pass potatoes through a potato mill and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove potatoes from refrigerator and place in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment along with flour, Parmesan cheese and nutmeg. Mix ingredients on low until well combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions, cover with damp towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll each portion of dough to about ½-inch thickness and resembling a rope. Dust with flour as necessary. Cut into 1-inch pieces and lightly dust with flour.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and add gnocchi. Meanwhile, prepare cheese sauce. Once gnocchi start to float, remove and add to pan with sauce.
- Cook on low heat for 1 minute and divide between 4 plates. Top with grated Parmesan cheese, fried sage and a drizzle of truffle oil.
Parmesan Cream Sauce Directions:
- In a large saucepan, sauté shallot and garlic with olive oil until translucent. Add cream and bring to a boil, reduce by half, then whisk in the Parmesan cheese. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Keep warm until ready to add gnocchi.