Giant Idaho Baked Potato
- 4 extra-large Idaho® russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 4-5 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups steamed broccoli florets
- ½ cup diced green onions
- 1 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and place onto the lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and kosher salt, then rub the potatoes to evenly coat.
- Pierce each potato with a knife tip for steam vents.
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until the potato is tender when pierced with a knife.
- Slice 2 inches off one end of 2 potatoes, then place the potatoes’ sliced ends together on a large plate to make one long potato. Make a slice halfway into the “giant” potato that runs its length.
- Press the potato firmly from the side, making an upward motion to crest that signature stuff-able baked potato top.
- Fill with toppings of your choosing and slice into sections for serving.