Crispy Yukon Potato "Truffles" with Truffle Cheese
- 1 pound Idaho® Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, boiled in salted water and passed through a food mill or ricer.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 2 ounces truffle-infused cheese, brunoise
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Sea salt as needed
- Combine potatoes with eggs, truffle oil and salt and pepper.
- Using a 1-ounce ice cream scoop, form potato mixture into 12 pieces and set on a parchment-covered sheet tray.
- Press a cube of truffle cheese into center of each "truffle", then roll into a sphere.
- Dredge croquettes in flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs, then shallow fry in 350*F oil until golden brown on all sides. Drain on paper towels, sprinkle with sea salt and serve.