Cowboy Steak and Twice Baked Potato (for four)
- Cowboy Steak
- 2 Bermuda onions, sliced 3/4-inch thick
- Olive oil as needed
- 2 teaspoons crushed black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dry Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 (4-ounce steaks) beef loin, tenderloin steaks, side muscle off, skinned
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 whole Idaho® potatoes (70 count)
- 3 whole peeled and chunked parsnips
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon butter
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or crème fraîche)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Brush onion slices with oil. Place onion slices on hot grid to "grill-mark," turning once, Remove; keep warm.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except steaks, in small bowl. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon seasoning mixture over each steak; reserve.
- For each serving: Panbroil 2 steaks in hot skillet over medium-high heat to desired doneness, turning once. Place steaks on hot grid to "grill-mark." turning once. Serve steaks on bed of grilled onions.
Twice Baked Potatoes
- Scrub potatoes and bake at 425°F for 50 minutes or until done.
- Cook parsnips in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Set aside. Warm buttermilk and 5 tablespoons butter until lukewarm. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic in remaining teaspoon butter. Set aside.
- When potatoes are done, split in half, lengthwise, and scoop out pulp. It is important to work quickly so ingredients will remain hot.
- Mash cooked potatoes with parsnips and add buttermilk/butter mixture, garlic, sour cream, chives, Cheddar cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture back into empty potato shells. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Put potatoes under salamander or broiler for 5 min. or until brown. Serve immediately.