Ingredients: Parmesan Fondue
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic purée (from 2 bulbs whole garlic)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Ingredients: Potato Chips
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 16 ounces Idaho® Russet Potatoes, thinly shaved on a mandoline or ribbon fry cutter, soaked in water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Potato Chips (see recipe)
- Parmesan Fondue (see recipe)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup applewood-smoked bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, picked
Directions: Parmesan Fondue
- In a saucepot over medium heat, bring the cream to a simmer. Continue to simmer until the cream has reduced by half, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the Parmesan, then add the roasted garlic, salt and pepper. Return to a simmer and whisk in the flour; continue to simmer until sauce clings to a metal spoon, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and reserve warm.
Directions: Potato Chips
- Heat the oil to 350°F in a deep-fryer or in a deep, heavy-bottomed pot.
- Remove potatoes from water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Gently add the potatoes to the oil and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the oil using tongs or a fry skimmer and place on a paper-towel-lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange potato chips in a large serving container and ladle Parmesan Fondue over the top as desired.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan, bacon, scallions and thyme on top and serve immediately.