Classic Vegan Party Potato Salad
- 2 ½ pounds Idaho® Russet potatoes
- ¾ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large ribs of celery, sliced
- ½ red, yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- ½ cup sliced black or green olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Paprika for garnish
- Place the potatoes in a steamer basket fitted over a large pot of boiling water. Cover and steam until the potatoes are fork tender about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the steamer basket from the pot and transfer the potatoes to a large mixing bowl and allow them cool.
- In a small bowl combine the vegan mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, cane sugar, yellow mustard, turmeric, garlic powder, and sea salt. Stir until well blended.
- Add the celery, bell pepper, green onions, black olives and chopped parsley to the bowl of cooled potatoes. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and vegetables and gently stir until blended.
- Transfer the potato salad into a lettuce leaf lined party bowl and top with a sprinkle of paprika, chopped parsley, and an olive garnish.