Cheddar Potato Noodle Cakes
- 2 large Idaho® russet potatoes (about 1.5 pounds total)
- 1 1/3 cup shredded medium sharp cheddar cheese*
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- Natural cooking spray or oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Peel the potatoes and rinse them. Using a spiralizer, julienne peeler, or mandolin slicer, slice the potatoes into noodles. Place the noodles in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cheese, eggs, and salt with the potato noodles, and mix until well incorporated.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tray with natural cooking spray or oil. You want to grease generously so that the cakes come out easier.
- Fill each of the cups with potato noodles. Don’t press the noodles into the cup, as this will make it more difficult to remove the cakes later. Top each cup with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cakes look golden brown at the top.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes. Loosen the cakes by running a butter knife along the edges of the cup. Then, use a big spoon to scoop them out. Best served warm. Enjoy!