Charleston Crab Cake Sliders with Peach-Jalapeno Jelly
- 2 lbs special crab meat
- 2 lbs claw crab meat
- 2 cups mashed Idaho® potatoes
- 4 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh chopped
- 1/2 cup green peppers, small diced
- 1 cup red peppers, small diced
- 1 cup celery, minced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 ounce pectin
- 1 cup peaches, chopped
- 2 teaspoons jalapeño, minced
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- Pick through the crab meat extremely well, leaving no shell.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix very well.
- Add the crab last and just fold in trying not to break up lumps of crab.
- Make a patty in your hand to check consistency. If it does not hold together add more mashed potato. If too thick add more water.
- Adjust with salt & pepper as needed.
- Pan fry on griddle or in a sauté pan. Lightly brown on both sides and serve with assorted sauces: roast garlic aioli, jalapeño jelly, lemon-aioli or beurre blanc.
- Serve on Potato Roll.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil except pectin. Boil 10 minutes.
- Add pectin and continue to cook on low heat for 1 minute. Will develop sauce consistency. Keep warm.