- 2 ea. Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled and boiled until soft
- 1/4 lb. Salt cod, soaked 24 hours in water, then drained, rough chop
- 3 Tbl Spanish onion, fine dice
- 2 Tbl Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbl garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Qt Whole milk
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- 2 Tbl Cured black olives, pitted
- 2 tsp Grain mustard
- 1 tsp White truffle oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste-be careful
- 24 ea. Bread crouton or mini tart
- Sauteé the onion in olive oil until soft. Add the garlic, potato, and cod, and cook until the completely mixed through.
- Slowly add the milk and cream, be careful not to burn, keep the heat low. The mixture should look like mashed potatoes.
- Cool slightly (about 10 minutes at room temperature). Puree the mixture in a food processor until smooth. It should increase in volume. Add in mustard and truffle oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or cold using the olive as garnish. Fill the tarts and reheat in the oven or chill and spread on a crouton.