Basic Gnocchi Using Leftover Mashed Idaho® Potatoes
- 5 pounds mashed potatoes
- 3 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 3 eggs
- 6 cups high gluten flour
- 6 cups semolina
- Olive oil as needed
- Spread the previous night's mashed potatoes on a sheet pan and dry in a 300°F oven for 5 minutes.
- Place potatoes in mixing bowl with seasoning and eggs. Mix on low with dough hook. Add flours by degrees.
- Continue to mix until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl cleanly.
- Roll dough out into thin ropes and cut 1/4 inch dumplings on the bias.
- Boil in heavily salted water until gnochetti float.
- Transfer cooked gnocchi to an ice water bath to shock.
- Drain gnocchi and lightly coat with oil.
- Refrigerate until service.