Chili Cheese Tumbler
- 2 quarts hot water
- Entire package tumblers
- 2 quarts home made chili
- 1 quart five blend cheese, shredded
- 1 cup green onions, diced
- 1 cup five blend cheese, shredded
For the chili: Yield 2 quarts
- 2 pounds protein
- 3 teaspoons salt and pepper
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced ¼”
- 1 cup red pepper, diced ¼”
- 1 cup green pepper, diced ¼”
- ¼ cup garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 16 fluid ounces water
- 1 pound butter
- 1 cup flour
- Measure out 2 quarts of hot water (not boiling) into a large mixing bowl.
- Add entire pouch of Tumblers mix all at once, using a spoon or wire whip to distribute evenly and thoroughly wet mix. Let stand for 10 minutes until potatoes are fully hydrated.
- Add in the chilled chili and fold all ingredients together, add in the cheese and fold together make sure there is even distribution.
- Using a #60 scoop portion out the entire mixture getting 120 tumblers.
- To cook fry at 350°F for 2 minutes until the outside is golden brown and inside is hot throughout.
- Let drain for a few seconds to remove excess oil, garnish with shredded cheese and green onions.
For the chili:
- Using beef, ground chicken, or ground turkey place meat into pan and season with Salt and pepper. Brown the meat.
- Once browned remove from the pot leaving the renderings. Add in the vegetables and seasoning and sweat the veggies.
- Once cooked but not translucent add the meat back in and fold all ingredients together.
- Add in the diced tomatoes and water and bring to a simmer
- In a small saute pan place butter and flour into pan and melt and cook for 3 minutes
- Using whisk, blend in half of the roux until the chili is at the proper consistency (may not use it all)
- Let simmer for 10 minutes, turn off heat and let cool