Potato Onion Cheese Tart
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Onions, medium diced
- 8 Idaho Potatoes, 90 count, boiled, peeled and julienne
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, grated*
- 1 cup Fontinella cheese, grated*
- 4 Tablespoons dill, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup cream
- Paprika to taste
- Mustard, coarse to taste
- Sour cream to taste
- *Asiago and Fontinella cheese may be substituted with 2/3 c each of Provolone, Parmesan and Swiss cheeses (keep 2 c total).
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9" fluted pan with removable bottom. Melt butter in a small saucepan and sauté onions until golden. Reserve.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, sautéed onions, grated cheeses, dill and salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and cream until combined. Pour over potato mixture and mix gently with a spatula. Fill the prepared pan with potato/egg mixture, smoothing top of potato tart with spatula. Sprinkle top with paprika.
- Bake for one hour and let cool. Wet a thin knife with hot water and trace around the fluted edges of the pan. Unmold and serve warm or at room temperature with coarse mustard and sour cream.