Mashed Potatoes & Macaroni
Kid’s favorite Mashed Potatoes & Macaroni served with melted butter and freshly chopped chives. Best way to use leftover mashed potatoes.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 5 medium-size Idaho® potatoes peeled & cut into small pieces, or use 3.5 cups of leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more for seasoning
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup milk warm
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- Cook pasta following instruction on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Place potato pieces into a saucepan and add enough water to cover. Season with 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft when poked with a knife.
- Drain the water, add butter and milk and mash until the potatoes have a fluffy texture.
- Season with salt to taste, then mix in cooked pasta.
- Top with freshly cracked black pepper and chopped chives. Serve with melted butter.
Use this recipe as a base for your own creation. Consider adding:
- crispy bacon crumbles
- ham cubes
- diced tomatoes
- avocado slices
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese