Mashed Potatoes with Mustard Seeds
- 4 pounds Idaho® potatoes (90 count)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 cups chicken stock (low-sodium optional)
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped fresh
- Cut Potatoes into quarters and place in a large saucepan with salt and water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer, and cook until potatoes are softened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- To toast mustard seeds, heat a small frying pan over high heat, then remove from burner. Pour seeds into pan and cover. (Seeds will start to pop.)
- Heat chicken stock in a separate saucepan.
- Strain potatoes, then return to saucepan and stir briefly over moderate heat to dry. (3-4 min.)
- Mash the potatoes, then whip with an electric mixer, adding chicken stock gradually, until absorbed.
- Stir in mustard and seeds, season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in parsley just before serving.
Yield: 12 servings
Sodium: 384 mg
Fat: 1.2 g
Protein: 4.9 g
5757, Four Seasons Hotel