Wet Chocolate L'Orange Pound Cake
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups margarine or butter (3 sticks), softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 8-oz. container sour cream
- 1 large Idaho Potato, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. orange extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 5 large eggs
- Cream Cheese Icing (below)
- Raspberries for garnish
- Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 3-oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- About 4 hours before serving or early in the day: preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat sugar with margarine or butter just until blended. Increase speed to high, beat 3 minutes or until light and fluffy, scraping bowl often with rubber spatula.
- Reduce speed to low, add flour and next 8 ingredients; beat until well mixed, constantly scraping bowl. Increase speed to high, beat 2 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. With spatula, loosen cake from pan, remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
- When cake is cool, prepare Cream Cheese Icing, spread on top of cake allowing some to drizzle down the sides of cake. Garnish cake with raspberries.
- To prepare the Cream Cheese Icing:
- In a small bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat softened cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract until well-blended and a good spreading consistency, adding additional milk if necessary.