Traditional Potato Salad
- 2 pounds Idaho Potatoes, peeled and diced (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- Optional Add-Ins:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion or scallion
- 1/2 cup chopped hard-boiled egg
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley,chives or dill
- Place potatoes in large pot and add enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cook 13 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes, celery and optional add-ins.
- Toss to coat thoroughly.
Yield: 6 - 8 servings
Sodium: 332 mg
Fat: 4 g
Protein: 3 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
(Recipe Photo Contest Winner)