Creamy Idaho® Potato Garlic Soup
A fast and easy potato soup recipe made with simple ingredients. Vegetarian and gluten-free
- 1 pound russet Idaho® potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 4 cups broth - chicken or veggie
- 2 tablespoons Litehouse™ freeze dried garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Place potatoes, broth, garlic and salt in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover, lower heat to low and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Let cool.
- Blend in batches until very smooth and silky.
- Return to the same pot and gently reheat.
- Season with pepper and whisk in the sour cream.
- Garnish with fresh scallions or chives and an optional swirl of sour cream.