Duck Fat Tater Tots
- 3 russet Idaho® potatoes, 1 quart shredded
- 2 cups of duck fat*
- In a medium to large saucepan, combine potatoes and fat.
- Stir on low heat (250-300°F) for about 5 minutes. Do not overcook
- Strain potatoes from fat – keep leftover fat for another use.
- Transfer to a plastic-lined sheet tray and cover with plastic.
- Press with another tray on top and chill overnight.
- Cut to the desired size and toss in the freezer until frozen solid.
- Fry in 325°F oil (I used rice oil), making sure not to overfill the pot.
- Fry until golden brown and enjoy.
For Green Goddess Sauce go to @acooknamedmatt You Tube for recipe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYjJeNVpgjAz-Sv4dhs13VQ
* Other fats like butter or pork can be used.