Brightening Potato Honey Face Mask
How can I use potatoes to create a facial mask?
There’s no need to splurge on expensive, chemical-laden masks from the drugstore when you can make one from common kitchen ingredients! This creamy combination will give skin a lovely glow, while gently exfoliating and tightening pores.
- Using an electric juicer, juice 1 raw medium-sized Idaho® russet potato with the skin on. If you don’t have a juicer, cut the potato into cubes and place it in a blender with a few tablespoons of water. Blend on high, then pour the mix through a fine mesh strainer to remove any remaining fibers. Then, pour the potato juice in a bowl and stir in 1 teaspoon each of lemon juice and honey, and 2 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt until fully combined.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 1 hour.
- Using a cosmetic brush or your hands, apply a thick layer of the mask to your face and allow it to rest for up to 30 minutes.
- Rinse off the mask gently with cold water, avoiding mixture to get into the eyes.
- See how to enjoy this and more spud spa day treatments by visiting our Idaho® Potato Spud Spa